Post: SITE MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR
Grade: 6 (£23,541 – £27,041)
Contract: Permanent. Full time/full year. 37 hrs per week.
Closing date: 8 November 2021
Interview date: TBC
Required for immediate start
We seek to appoint a highly motivated Site Maintenance Co-ordinator. Duties will include the successful candidate to;
- Be proactive in identifying maintenance requirements across the site by carrying out regular site maintenance/safety inspections.
- Co-ordinate elements of the Priority Schools Build Programme PSBP in partnership with the Principal, the BPM, the EFA, and the building contractor. To include attending meetings, management of visitors to site, co-ordination of Academy & builders requirements during the final stages of the phase one building project and throughout subsequent phases.
- Respond to and prioritise site issues reported via the site radio and site e-mail system.
- Coordinate the work of any caretakers, cleaners and other contractors on site.
- Support the Principal and the BPM in the co-ordination of workplace health and safety including attending training, working in a safe manner in line with HASAW and the maintenance of accurate records.
- Undertake the efficient maintenance of the building and general site.
- Maintain the building and amenities (including courts, pitches and outdoor spaces) in order to fulfil the Academy’s specific responsibilities.
- Monitor and operate the Academy’s mechanical and engineering systems and to advise BPM of any faults in order to ensure business continuity and economical use utilities.
- Engage and oversee the work of contractors to ensure that standards are maintained and that best value is achieved.
- Monitor, operate and maintain site security systems, to include key holding, open/lock up of the site for core business & lettings, responding to call-outs/faults, liaison with security contractors, reporting any failures to comply with the Academy’s statutory obligations in this area, and ensure that contractors and staff work meets Health & Safety regulations.
- Organise & carry out where necessary, portering including the set up/movement of furniture/equipment including fixed stage seating to ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Order supplies and maintain a necessary stock of appropriate resources. To organise the distribution of delivered goods and to collect goods from suppliers.
- Manage the fleet of BCA minibuses, including driving to support school activities.
- Work outside of core school hours to support school events, enrichment activities and community/commercial use of amenities.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Details can be found on https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
To apply online please complete an application form and return it to;
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Carol Heesom on 01925 579501 for further details.